Common causes for error code
- Antivirus software or firewall might be blocking the Office installation and causing error code
- Internet connection or proxy settings are preventing from installing Office results in error code
- Pre-existing version of an Office suite is blocking the installation resulting in error code
- Incomplete\partial\failed repair\installation\change\removal of a previous Office suite can prevent from installing a newer version can cause the error code
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the error code
1 – Repair your Office app to fix the error code
error code will be fixed when Office repair tool replaces all the corrupted system files. Follow the steps below to run repair tool to fix the error code
- Open Control Panel using Start.
- Click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
- Click on the Office product that you want to repair.
- Click Change.
- Select Quick Repair and click on Repair. If Quick Repair didn’t fix the error code, select Online Repair and click on Repair.
Note: If Office Repair did not fix the error code, remove and reinstall the Office Suite to fix the error code.